Want to impress your friends on Halloween with your sweet hookah techniques? Raise the bar this year by actually making a festive gourd hookah base (and bowl!).
How To Make A Pumpkin Hookah Base
1) Pick your pumpkin, and cut the top off about three inches away from the stem.
2) Scrape out the seeds and the pumpkin guts. Really get those walls clean so you don't get any residual pumpkin goo in your hookah stem.
3) Make sure your downstem is the correct size, hold it next to test the length, ensuring that the stem isn't too long or too short.
4) Measure the diameter of the stem grommet (the part of the stem that usually fits snugly into the neck of your hookah base).
5) Take the top of the pumpkin that you initial cut out, and cut a hole the size of your stem grommet.
6) If you don't want to worry about making everything seal perfectly, you can just put a small hookah inside the pumpkin at this point (it still looks awesome!).
7) If you want to actually smoke from the pumpkin, then place the stem through the small hole you cut in the top of the pumpkin. Place that back onto the pumpkin, after you pour your base water into the pumpkin.
8) Make sure seals are tight at all points, you can use electrical tape to seal entry points if necessary.
How To Make A Pumpkin Hookah Bowl
1) Cut off the top and scrape out the insides.
2) Make sure the top is cut flat so that the coals will sit flat on top of the pumpkin bowl.
3) Cut a hole in the bottom according to the diameter of the top of the stem. Make sure it will fit tight, add a grommet if necessary.
4) Load with shisha, cover with hole-poked foil, then light it up (with hookah coals of course)!