2023 Hookah Holiday Shipping Cut-Off Dates
Whether you’re planning ahead or you need a last minute gift, it’s important to know the shipping times around the holidays. We’ve put together a simple guide for you to use while you do your online gift buying here at Hookah-Shisha.
It’s always a bummer when you have that perfect gift for your special someone and when you receive your tracking information that shows it won’t be there until the day after you need it.
Of course, it’s best to shop ahead but things come up and we can all be forgetful at times. Shipping couriers are extremely busy during the last part of the year with so many holidays going on, and this means the amount of time that you usually expect for your orders to be delivered is not the same.
Here are some quick, general notes on shipping times in addition to the current holiday shipping schedule.
How Long Does Shipping Usually Take?
We are located in Austin, Texas which fortunately puts us in the middle of the U.S. when it comes to shipping. This means that most of the continental 48 U.S. states fall within a 1-3 business day shipping timeframe. Some states in the North and Pacific Northwest may take 4-5 business days in shipping travel days.
All orders are processed in order as they come in. Each order is processed within 24 hours during business days.
Holiday Shipping Cut-Off Dates
Below are the holiday dates for the 2023 season. On these dates all shipping couriers will be closed therefore you should plan ahead to have your orders delivered before these dates.
- Christmas Eve: Sunday, December 24th
- Christmas Day: Monday, December 25th
- New Years Eve: Sunday, December 31st
- New Years Day: Monday, January 1st
UPS Holiday Shipping Cut-Off Dates for Christmas
Here are the holiday shipping cut-off dates for UPS this season. Use these dates when placing your order(s) to ensure delivery before the date needed. Please keep in mind that it may take 1-3 business days for your order to be shipped from our warehouse during the holiday season with our larger order volume.
It is also worth noting that while these shipping times are guaranteed weather conditions, natural disasters, or "acts of God" may cause delays with shipping times.
Tuesday, December 19th
This is the last day to ship any order using UPS 3 Day Select. Orders will be delivered on or before Friday, December 22nd.
Wednesday, December 20th
This is the last day to ship any order using UPS 2nd Day Air for delivery on Friday, December 22nd.
Thursday, December 21st
This is the very last day to have an order shipped with UPS Next Day Air for delivery on Friday, December 22nd.
UPS will be closed on December 24th & 25th.
It is highly recommended to not wait until these last-minute dates to place your order. Not only will you save money on shipping costs but can be assured your order will arrive on time.
We recommend getting your order(s) in at least the week before these dates, the week of December 11th. Our order volume will be much higher than normal during the holiday season so you’ll want to allow as much time as possible for processing and in case any issues come up.
UPS Holiday Shipping Times for New Year’s Eve/Day
Thursday, December 28th
- Any package shipped with UPS 2nd Day Air on this date will arrive on Tuesday, January 2nd.
- Any packaged shipped with UPS 3 Day Select on this date will arrive on Wednesday, January 3rd.
Friday, December 29th
Any package shipped with UPS Next Day Air on this date will arrive Tuesday, January 2nd.
* In some areas, UPS does offer UPS Next Day Air with Saturday Delivery. However, please call us before placing an order for us to be sure Saturday Delivery is available in your area. Saturday Delivery is an extra cost on top of UPS Next Day Air.
UPS will be closed on New Year's Day, Monday, January 1st.
USPS Shipping Times
Selecting this shipping method for your order(s) is a service provided with the United States Postal Service. Unlike UPS, the USPS does not guarantee shipping times as they are merely estimates. However, in most cases their estimates are fairly accurate.
- USPS Priority Mail: This shipping method takes an estimated 1-4 business days in shipping time to most of the contiguous 48 U.S. states once an order has left our facility.
- USPS Priority Mail Express: In most cases, orders shipping to the lower 48 U.S. states, Priority Mail Express can take 1-2 business days in shipping time.
Get More Help with Holiday Shipping
We’re always here to help! If you have any questions or concerns about your order arriving before a specific date, even if it’s different from Christmas and New Year’s, please contact our Customer Service Team.
You can contact us Monday through Friday 10:00am - 6:00pm CST via email, phone, or through our live chat on our website.
It’s better to ask and be prepared than to take a risk and not have your order(s) arrive when you need them!
Shipping Terms Glossary
- Processing Time - This is the amount of time it takes for your order to be processed, picked, and packed before it leaves our facility. Processing may include but is not limited to Age Verification, Order Validation, and Out of Stock Items Correspondence.
- Business Days - A business day with all shipping couriers pertains to Monday through Friday.
- Shipping Travel Time - This is the amount of expected time in days for a package to reach you. For example, an order shipping with a “three day travel time” is expected to take three business days before it reaches your delivery location.
- UPS Ground - This is the very basic shipping method. The map above illustrates the amount of UPS Ground travel days. For example, if you are in Kansas once your order ships from our location in Austin, TX it will generally take two business days to reach you.
- UPS 3 Day Select - An order with this shipping method is a guaranteed delivery within three business days after the package has left our warehouse.
- UPS 2nd Day Air - This shipping service is a guaranteed two-day travel time after the package has left our facility.
- UPS Next Day Air - Using this shipping method, orders take one full business day of travel time to the destination after it has left our location.